47.Pre – Devotion

Jesus healed a man who was blind, a man who was deaf, and a man who was paralyzed. He completely changed their lives! Now, they are free to see, hear, and explore the world!

We were born blind, deaf, and paralyzed—maybe not in our bodies, but in our souls. Because of our sin, we cannot fully understand God and what He has done for us. We can look at the Bible and hear someone read it to us, but we don’t truly understand what it says. We doubt that God will keep His promises, and we disobey His commandments. We are paralyzed from praising God and loving our neighbors because of our sin.

Jesus heals our souls so we can see, hear, and walk in faith. When we read and hear the Bible with faith, we see and understand how powerful, merciful, and loving God is. We trust that He loves us and will keep His promises to us. We walk in faith by using our bodies to serve God and our neighbors.

Jesus heals us with forgiveness. Before He healed the body of the man who was paralyzed, He told him that his sins were forgiven. Forgiveness heals our soul by making us right with God. Forgiveness shows us that God loves us, and we can trust His promises! It makes us want to obey God and share His love with others. That’s far more important than any medicine a doctor could give you!

1. Who takes care of you when you’re sick or hurt? Thank God for those people!
  2. How does Jesus heal our souls?
  3. Is it more important to have a healthy body or a healthy soul? Why?

Let’s pray:

Dear God, thank You for healing my soul. Because of Your forgiveness, I can see and hear Your Word and I can walk in faith. Help me to use my body to glorify and serve You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.