43.Pre – Devotion

Have you ever been left out? Maybe you weren’t invited to a party, you had to sit out of an exciting game, or you weren’t picked for a team. How does it feel? When you’re left out, you probably feel sad, lonely, and rejected. You might think that you’re not good enough or that others don’t like you.

Some people think that God only has enough love to give to some people and He leaves some people out. When Jesus lived on earth, the people who were born into Israel thought that Jesus only came to save them, and they tried to leave everyone else out. In Jesus’ time, and still today, some people think that God only loves and saves “good people.”

There is no limit to God’s love! He loves every person who has ever lived, He sent Jesus to die for every one of them, and He wants to spend eternal life with all of them. It makes God very sad when someone rejects His love and forgiveness. He doesn’t play favorites, and He doesn’t leave anyone out!

When Jesus lived on earth, He spent time with the people that no one else wanted to be around. Even though these people had committed lots of big sins, He loved them and forgave them. He loves you in the same way! He wants you to come to Him, no matter who you are or what you’ve done. He will never leave you out!

1. How can we share God’s love with people who feel left out?
  2. God loves everyone, even if they don’t know Him. How can we share God’s love with people who have never heard of Him?
  3. Do “good people” truly exist? What can we say to our friends who think that God only loves and saves good people?

Let’s pray:

Dear God, thank You for loving me and forgiving me, no matter what. Please help me to share Your love with everyone around me. Help me to see people through Your eyes so I don’t leave anyone out. In Jesus’ name. Amen.